Friday, July 11, 2008

I didn't want to wear your tacky green dress anyhow, stingy!


Will Benteen is a widower: Actress Evelyn Keyes, who did many interesting things but was best known for playing Scarlett O'Hara's bitchy sister Suellen in "Gone with the Wind," has died at 91. I think this leaves us with Cammie King and Olivia de Havilland as surviving cast members. Keyes was otherwise notable for having been married to Artie Shaw and John Huston; she acted and starred in many films -- including, apparently, a lot of noir B pictures -- but left Hollywood in 1955. She wrote a column for several years for the Los Angeles Times, which, I note with slightly clenched teeth, has yet to post her obituary.
RIP, dear.

2 comments:

Mary said...

So lovely!

Maybe I should make Kevin watch "Gone with the Wind" with me.

"She's gone off and married my Mr. Kennedy!"

AE said...

"She's had three husbands -- and I'll be an old maid!" Mary, I think Kevin totally owes you a GWTW viewing.