Sunday, July 17, 2005

You're a lizard, Harry!

Today's plant: Black plum tomato. Volunteer seedlings are coming up all over the yard. Two are even setting fruit.

Today's book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I've behind on Harry Potter. I read up through "Goblet of Fire" when everyone else did but then never bothered with "Phoenix." So, having fallen prey to the "Prince" media frenzy (and admittedly curious to see who dies), I'm reading them all starting with the second book. I had really forgotten how annoying the early books are. Draco & Lucius are tedious villains, and the whimsical fanciful magical crap gets old fast. If memory serves, book 3 is more complex. Gotta slog through. My favorite thing about Harry Potter is the fanfiction, in which the character archetypes become characters.

No comments: