Friday, August 19, 2005

You know I'm not a saint

Another dancing post. Sorry for the long delay (I say to my nonexistent readers). I got bad family news last week and pretty much withdrew into myself in response. The selfish phase of that reaction is now over and I'm ready to come back into the world. So I went dancing with two good friends tonight. It was great. Some old flames were flickering around. I ended up thinking a lot about a former gentleman-caller, whom I met at a similar club. Dancing always brings back sensory memories of him: metal through flesh, sweaty vinyl pants turned inside out, smeared eyeliner. I'll always miss him when I'm out there.

Today's book: Arbella: England's Lost Queen by Sarah Gristwood. I'm just starting it.

Today's plant: Sarracenia leucophylla. It has a gorgeous white pitcher and a flower bud.

No comments: